NI Kontakt 7 v7.0.11 WIN & macOS
For 20 years, KONTAKT has been the backbone of countless film scores and pop hits, as well as thousands of incredible instruments from NI and your favorite NKS developers alike. Now, with a new HiDPI browsing experience, an overhauled Factory Library, new creative effects, and under-the-hood audio improvements, the next evolution is nearly here.
Orchestral covers all the traditional scoring essentials, with large-section woodwinds, brass, percussion, and strings, all from Orchestral Tools.
Find your sounds fast with the all-new resizable browser: Search, filter, and audition individual sounds, and import your own indie libraries.
Access 60 inspiring instruments from around the world with Acoustic – from flutes and pipes to bowed and plucked strings, lutes, and mallets.
Band is your new rock and pop go-to – picked and strummed guitars, driving basses, and classic drum sounds and loops.
Get instant access to an eclectic range of sought-after modular and hard-wired synthesizers with Synths’ cutting-edge pads, basses, arpeggios, and drums.
Vintage coaxes timeless sounds from some of the 20th century’s most iconic synths and drum machines, for authentic retro vibes.
A NEW CHAPTER
For the seventh generation of KONTAKT, we’re bringing its 20-year legacy into the future. Find sounds easily with a new resizable browser. Explore new musical ideas and find fresh inspiration with an overhauled Factory Library, newly added effects, and under-the-hood audio improvements.
LOOKS GOOD, SOUNDS EVEN BETTER
The revamped Factory Library in KONTAKT 7 not only ups the bar for sonic quality and quantity, it also brings our flagship sampler right up to date with big, beautiful, HiDPI interfaces. Get to grips with an endlessly playable – and tweakable – selection of acoustic and electronic instruments, including a new collection of expertly sampled large orchestral sections from Orchestral Tools.
FIND SOUNDS FASTER
It’s hard to stay in the flow if you’re always having to hunt for your favorite sounds. So we’re putting them all out in the open with an all-new browsing experience. Now you can search, filter, and audition individual sounds from across your collection, view preset properties and edit tags, and even import your indie libraries and home-made instruments.
Kontakt 7 v7.0.11 2022-09-27 changelog:
- New HiDPI Browser, Factory Library 2 with HiDPI interfaces, New FX, UX improvements.
- ADDED A new fullscreen HiDPI Browser featuring global text search, filter by tag, brand & properties, favorite presets, import of non-Player libraries
- REMOVED Database tab has now been removed and superseded by the new Browser
- FIXED Kontakt plugin window would appear tiny in some hosts when HiDPI was enabled
- ADDED There is now a new Psyche Delay effect
- ADDED There is now a new Ring Modulator effect
- CHANGED Minimum supported macOS version is now 10.15
- CHANGED “Locate Libraries” has been changed to “Manage Libraries” and redirects to Native Access
- ADDED A new MIDI learn mechanism is introduced in the Automation tab
- IMPROVED The Minimized View user experience has been enhanced
- IMPROVED The Minimized View can now be toggled with F10
- IMPROVED The Options dialog can now be called with F12
- IMPROVED Octave numbers are now shown on the virtual keyboard
- IMPROVED Help text now extends to the full width of the rack
- ADDED The Output section now contains factory presets
- FIXED In some cases Reaper would create a mono channel instead of stereo channels for Kontakt multi outputs
- FIXED In some cases Cubase would crash when using certain 3rd party libraries
- FIXED Group output was not saved in snapshots
- FIXED Help tags of overlapping controls would be stuck
- FIXED Banks did not have a default file name
- FIXED Kontakt would crash when attempting to display special characters
- FIXED Edit all buses did not apply to all send effects parameters
- FIXED Load file dialog would display incorrect file extension
- FIXED Collection of minor GUI fixes
- IMPROVED In the “Saving Instrument” dialog, the “Absolute sample paths” option is now disabled by default and not persistent
- FIXED When using Auto Map in the Mapping Editor, Kontakt would not interpret numerical tokens starting with zero
- FIXED Zone auto mapping numeric value to single key would not set the root note
- IMPROVED Maximum number of declared user zones in now increased to 1024
- IMPROVED New empty groups can now also be created from the Expert tab context menu
- IMPROVED Empty user zones can now be hidden in the Mapping Editor
- FIXED Tape Saturator would cut out the signal with sample rates above 192khz
- FIXED Output section batch creation would create surround channels instead of stereo
- FIXED Kontakt would crash when forcing Wavetable parameters out of range via KSP
- ADDED KSP Engine parameter for setting the LFO phase $ENGINE_PAR_LFO_PHASE
- ADDED KSP Bindings for the 32 Step Modulator
- IMPROVED KSP Script errors and warnings are now more informative and consistent
- IMPROVED KSP A getter function for $EVENT_PAR_MOD_VALUE_ID is added
- IMPROVED KSP ui_mouse_area now responds to control parameters for Control, Alt and Shift keyboard modifiers
- Intel Macs (i5 or higher): macOS 10.15, 11 or 12 (latest update)
- Apple Silicon Macs (via Rosetta 2 & natively on ARM in Standalone or in hosts that support it): macOS 11 or 12 (latest update)
- Windows 10 or 11 (latest Service Pack), Intel Core i5 or equivalent CPU, 2 GB RAM
- Graphics hardware support for OpenGL 2.1 or higher, and Direct 3D 11.1 (Feature Level 11_0) or higher
- 4 GB RAM (6 GB recommended for large KONTAKT Instruments)